Saturday, June 28, 2008

Matt LaDuke's Post

Our Time in Coldstone

Coldstone is an ice cream parlor that makes there own ice cream. Mrs. Holladay took us there after opening ceremonies. I just wanted a little bit of a mix your own and I couldn’t find it on the menu so I found the smallest mix-in ice cream that they listed and it was called “mine”. Apparently I ordered from the “make your own tub of ice cream to take home with you to have at home” menu. When they started making my order I noticed that there was a lot of ice cream. It didn’t phase me that they were making a tub for me.

At the end of the line Mrs. Holladay and Josiah were waiting and wondering why it was taking so long. I had no idea why but we soon found out. The lady behind the counter handed a half-gallon tub of ice cream up to me with a little dish to “sample”. The little dish to sample was what I wanted in the first place but instead I got a whole container that cost about twice as much as what everyone else cost. I felt bad and offered to pay for it myself but Mrs. Holladay said, no its fine.

We were sitting in cold stone for a wile and the ice cream started to melt so I started eating it. I ended up eating the entire thing, the whole half-gallon or how ever much it really was. Needless to say I wasn’t feeling the best ever after that. I went to the hotel and lay in my bed till morning when I had to feel better.

No comments: